Monday, January 12, 2009

30 YEARS OF WEDDED BLISS


As you all know Tuesday Jan. 13th is Bobby & my 30th anniversary.
What will we do you ask. We will celebrate with our usual Tuesday
night run and then we will go to dinner with several of our running friends.
Since Kathy has a rule about bringing cake for special occasions like
birthdays or anniversaries I will gladly bring something to share.
Should I bring cupcakes or cookies?

I am sure there will be no surprises for me from Bobby as he is not
the type to make a big thing out of anniversaries as well as birthdays
what a bum. I think giving 30 years to someone calls for a celebration.

I have truly been blessed with a happy marriage and wouldn't change
anything at all. Bobby is truly my soulmate and I knew it from almost
the very beginning when we met when we were 16 years old.

Since we have been married for 30 years I thought I would share
30 things I love about Bobby. I know this is a little mushy but
the girls will appreciate it. This list is in no certain order of importance.



  1. His love for me of course.

  2. For giving me a beautiful daughter who gave us a beautiful granddaughter.

  3. Hard worker and provider for us.

  4. Making me laugh.

  5. Corny sense of humor.

  6. Not being selfish.

  7. Putting my needs ahead of his(I guess that could fall under not being selfish).

  8. Beautiful eyes.

  9. Corny smile.

  10. Being my rock.

  11. Smart.

  12. Driving me crazy with being so anal.

  13. His love for running.

  14. Driving me crazy being a pack rat.

  15. Letting me watch my sitcoms and reality shows.

  16. His compliments he gives me at the right time when I need them.

  17. His loyalty.

  18. Shyness.

  19. Knowledge of the Bible.

  20. Helping me cook when I ask.

  21. Putting up with my quirks.

  22. Never complaining if the housework isn't done.

  23. Understanding when I am sick.

  24. Driving me crazy with everything has to have a reason.

  25. Hair.

  26. His love for our daughter & granddaughter.

  27. His smell ( the good kind of smell Ken).

  28. Keeping me motivated to run.

  29. He loves my cooking.

  30. Wanting to spend all his time with me.

Now that I have embarrassed him and made him blush I want to wish him a happy anniversary and may God bless us with 30 more happy years.



9 comments:

BOCA said...

AWww...what a sweet thing to do!!! Congrats and may you have 30 more years of bliss!!!

Candice said...

Congrats! 30 years is definitely something to celebrate! You really don't hear of many people making it last so long nowadays when it seems to be a miracle to make it past 10!

But the 2 of you make it look so easy! I'm sure the next 30 will fly by!

Cassy Russell said...

It is so sweet of you, Susan, to post your 30 things. (Bobby, are we going to read yours?) It made my throat tighten. I can tell by his actions towards you, Susan, that Bobby loves and cares for you very much. Your marriage is a great example. Happy anniversary to you both.

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

WOW! What an awesome post! You two are so cute together and such an inspiration! Congrats on your 30 years! Yay! I am so happy for you!

T Z said...

How sweet. I'll go along with 12, 5, 9, 13, and 28.

Well, ok, I guess all of them are ok....except 27. Have to wonder about that one.

Dana and I are so happy for you guys!!!!

Bobby said...

I wonder if I can slim back down to that guy you married?

You are so sweet. That is why I love you.

powerma said...

Congratulations. You two are a sweet couple. Here's to 30 more wonderful years!

Bobby said...

Here's my list of thirty things I love about susan:
1. year one
2. year two
3. year three
...
...
...
28. year twenty-eight
29. year twenty-nine
30. year thirty

simulatedme said...

And he looks pretty fly in that tux!