Sunday, February 1, 2009

DanMan or bust

I am totally excited about this upcoming trail race
I am doing this coming weekend. The race is called
the DanMan. This race is put on at this man's ranch
every year. The DanMan Run is held in honor of our
own endurance running hero, Dan Little. Dan has completed
over 120 endurance events consisting of marathons, over
twenty 50-mile races, and three Iron Distance Triathlons.
As witnessed by Dan's accomplishments, endurance events test
your physical ability, but more than that test your mental ability.
The DanMan is designed for all runners to experience this test
of mental endurance.
Bobby & I will be traveling along with some of our
running friends to Madill, Ok. to do this race. I hear
this town is pretty small. No wonder I didn't know where
the heck it was.
I am not much into trail racing but I heard this trail was
easy enough and not too rocky so I thought what the
heck why not join in the fun since I am a Tatur member.
For those who don't know what that is it is an awesome
group of trail runners who belong to this I guess you would
call it a club formed by one of my running coaches Brian Hoover.
Tatur stands for Tulsa Area Trail & Ultra Runners. Brian has
done an awesome job putting all this together and keeping it
organized and putting on his own trail races. They meet at
Turkey Mountain every week to run the trails there. For anyone
reading this and want to know more about Taturs you can log onto
http://www.taturs.org/. Like I said I don't usually run the trails but I do
join the membership to support and help out at the races when I can.
I am doing the 10K run at DanMan and Bobby is going to attempt
to do a marathon so he too can join some of our group in becoming
a marathon maniac. Our friends Chrissy & Michael will be doing
a half marathon, Dana I think will be doing a marathon also so
Bobby & her can hang out together keeping each other going.
I think Deon is also going to attempt an ultra (31 miles) as well.
Ken & Coach Kathy will be doing a 100 miler last I heard unless
they change their minds and do a 50 miler which makes more sense
to me. I hope we can talk Jason & Lisa into coming along for the fun.
I was hoping Russell (my brother) & Christin ( my sister in-law)
was going to come along so I could have someone do the 6 miler with
but their cat got sick and had to be in the cat hospital for several days
so that set them back alot of money so they had to decline the trip.
Since I love to make lists I will be working on my list of things to
remember to take for this trip.
1. hotel reservations ( Made that already at the Comfort Inn in Ardmore)
2. reserve a car rental ( got that done)
3. print out a map ( got that done)
4. my list could go on but why bore you with all that.
I hear that the weather will be awesome for the race. I am glad it won't be
freezing cold. The temps are suppose to be in the 70's for the high that day
which I know will be a little warm for those doing the long distances but I
will take that over freezing cold anyday.
I wish everyone luck that is going to do this fun race and I hear that they
also serve up some yummy grub for us so that's a bonus in my book.
This has nothing to do with my post but I had to share these cute pics.
Picture of my granddaughter Katie who is now
missing her 2 front teeth.
My daughter showing off her new glasses.

I wish everyone a blessed week.






3 comments:

Bobby said...

Now that's some cute girls if I do say so myself. Katie, remind Papa to give you a dollar the next time we see each other.

BOCA said...

The run sounds fun!! I hope you have a blast!

simulatedme said...

That's the best way to have fun in Madill. Take the good time with you.
Have fun and Good luck.