Wednesday, October 22, 2008

QUE SERA, SERA

I know it has been a little while since my last post and Bobby was just saying that most of us hadn't posted in awhile. So Bobby here you go.

Last week I had the pleasure of spending time with my daughter and granddaughter as my granddaughter was out of school for fall break. Wednesday we met at Cheesecake Factory for lunch which was so so good. WE also had the pleasure of having lunch with Candice as well. The food is so delicious and the best part of all is the yummy cheesecake. I think everyone should try it out atleast once in their lifetime. I was hoping to spend more time with my daughter that day but she said she had to meet her husband afterwards to run an errand. I asked her what she was doing and she just said oh it is just something we have to do. Knowing my daughter like all moms knows theirs I knew something was up and I had a gut feeling I knew what it was and yes my gut feeling was right.

She went and got herself a Tattoo! I knew she has been wanting one for quite sometime but kept hoping that phase would pass. I am trying to be a good sport about it but I did voice my opinion. My daughter has always been very quiet and shy growing up so this was totally out of character for her but I guess she is coming out of her shell and realizing there is a whole world out there just waiting for her to grasp hold of and enjoy. I just didn't think it would come in the form of a tattoo but I can't complain too much if that's the worst thing she does because she is a mom and needs to still set examples for her daughter and she still is my sweet little girl all grown up. She tells me I am too conservative and need to be more open minded and enjoy life more. I thought I was enjoying life but in her eyes I guess not. Well my dear daughter I will try to loosen up more and I am very proud of you and who you are. I guess I am stuck with my son in-law for sure now LOL. I can't say anything bad about him he is a very good husband and father to both my girls. He is shy like my daughter and doesn't have alot to say but he is a very hard worker and provider for them. He is very intelligent thank goodness for my daughters sake because she is a true blonde.

Friday I met up with my daughter and granddaughter at the mall and we had the best time shopping and getting a special treat of ice cream. I had bought all 3 of us some white sunglasses and my granddaughter thought that was so cool that we looked like triplets. She said she was taking them to Florida with her when she goes in November and taking them on the teacup ride at Disney. I wish I could sneak in their suitcase for that trip. That was a surprise trip my son in-law planned for them.

After I got done with them at the mall I then went to work and got my belongings and left my resignation letter. I was glad no one was there as I was a little sad. Even though it was saddening I still feel good about my decision. You know that saying when one door closes another one opens well that is happening to me and I am so blessed for that. I have been wondering since I am no longer working how to make a little extra money to help save for the trip to Greece in November 2009 with Coach Kathy. I so want to go and do the 5 K or maybe the half there so I can say I have ran a race in another country. My parents who are disabled are on this assistance program that has someone come clean their house for them 3 hours a day 3 days a week. I was joking with them about I could do that for them and get paid for it. I didn't think that the program would let relatives do it for them but my mom asked them and they said I could all I would have to do is fill out the forms. So I am thinking seriously about doing this for that extra cash if my parents don't drive me too crazy being around them that much LOL. I can taste Greece in my future so Chrissy & Michael save us a room.

Last night (Tuesday) I enjoyed my walk with Candice & Chrissy. I was glad Chrissy came to walk with us it has been awhile since she has joined us due to her surgery. Her husband Michael runs with Bobby on Monday nights and I always ask when Chrissy is coming back and last night she surprised me. We had alot of girl talk to catch up on. Candice was alittle bummed last night and I hope she is doing better today. After Walking Bobby & I had an enjoyable dinner with Kathy, Brian, Ken, Dana, Roman & Toby at the Oriental Buffet on 71st & Riverside. I had never been there but Ken & Dana really like it. I have to say it was very good and it was better than the China King that is a few doors down from it. I will definately eat there again. We laughed at everyones fortune from their fortune cookie ( if you ever heard of the old game when you read your fortune you add " in bed under the sheets" at the end of the fortune. that really makes for a good laugh.)

This Friday I volunteered to help Kathy & Brian at the Tulsa Run expo. I am looking forward to helping, it should be fun but I bet Brian puts me on the ugly foot contest and I will have to be grossed out by all the ugly feet. WE were teasing Bobby about having to walk around in this ugly foot costume at the expo, boy wouldn't that be hillarious.

I am looking forward to doing the Tulsa Run. I just don't understand why everyone gets a finisher medal except the 5 Kers. I know it's not much but come on now even the 1 mile fun runners gets a medal. Oh well as the saying goes Que Sera, Sera. That's how I am going to look at life from now on and not stress about the little things.

Just a reminder if anyone wants to bring out their kids saturday evening starting at 6 p.m. on Main Street in Broken Arrow Bobby & I will be there at our daughters in-laws business(Quaid & Associates) helping pass out candy for the halloween bash. They will have all sorts of games and lots of fun so dress up your goblins and bring them out and be sure to look for us.

Well this should be enough blogging to wet your appetite for the week (Bobby). I hope to see everyone at the expo & Tulsa Run.

2 comments:

Bobby said...

It's about time you had something to say again. Nice post.

simulatedme said...

Girls on the town with glam shades. Sounds like trouble.