Tuesday, October 28, 2008

VOICES IN MY HEAD

I hope everyone is having a good week and recovering from the Tulsa Run.


I had so much fun helping Kathy & Brian out at the Tulsa Run Expo (I hope I didn't make too many boo boo's for them.) I enjoyed getting to see everyone in our group that was picking up their race packets. The anticipation and eagerness on their faces made my day. I too was excited about this Race since it was my first race since being sick with my heart issues. I also enjoyed having dinner Friday night with Kathy, Brian, Ken, Dana, Jason (Dana & Ken's son) & the beautiful Mackenna (Dana & Ken's granddaughter.) she is so adorable and very entertaining I might add and Oh of course my wonderful husband Bobby (I guess I better mention him so he doesn't get his feelings hurt.)



Saturday morning came early since I didn't get in bed until late Friday night but it was nice to sleep just a little later than our normal saturday morning run. I was ready for the race to start. I met up with Brenda & Donna to run with them. I enjoy running with Brenda & Donna they keep me motivated. Donna finally took off ahead of us guess she got her gust of wind. I was doing good and feeling good making sure my heartrate stayed where it should. I still had that little voice in my head putting a little fear in me hoping that this doesn't trigger another attack. I tend to hear that voice when I run and I am trying hard to conquer that fear. I was hoping to make good time but I was a little off from what I wanted. I was hoping for a 41 minute time but ended up with a 44 which was 2 minutes faster than last years Tulsa Run. I guess that wasn't bad for this old grandma that hasn't been training that much since being sick. I did get to cheer everyone in that did the 15K and was proud of all of you for doing your best. Bobby & I went to have breakfast afterwards with Ken, Deon & Brian which was nice getting to rehash the morning event with them.



Saturday evening we went to Broken Arrow for the halloween bash on Main Street. We helped pass out candy and had fun with our granddaughter.















She was dressed up like her favorite HighSchool Musical character and her adorable cousin was dressed up like a cute little witch. Our daughter even got dressed up this year.



There was alot of kids walking up and down Main Street I had no idea it was going to be such a huge ordeal but I guess free candy brings out everyone. Our granddaughter got to come home with us to stay all night which I am always ready for her to come stay with us. Sunday morning she got to go with her papa to the donut shop for breakfast which was a treat for her. We had to take her home later that day which is always hard to do when we are having so much fun with her. We stopped at riverparks afterwards to go for a bike ride. We rode our bikes across the pedestrian bridge which it was so windy that I thought I was going to blow off of it. We ran into Cara on the path who was out riding her bike as well. She had mentioned she had ran that morning at turkey mountain with Brian and some of the other Taturs and she had so much fun she is going to do it again. We were riding across 11th street bridge when there was this elderly man in a motorized wheelchair coming toward us in the distance and I don't know what happened but the next thing we knew he was falling over. He managed to get back in his chair before we could reach him but we made sure he was ok before we went any farther. He said he was fine and went on his merry way. Cara was done at that point because she had already gone alot of miles before we caught up to her so Bobby & I went on the Katy Trail toward SandSprings which is a nice place to ride your bike just a little hilly. We turned around at the Gilcrease Museum rode due to it would be getting a little dusky soon. We stopped by Jason's Deli on the way home to pick up some potato soup to take home for dinner. I am hooked on their soup it is so good.


Monday evening we went running at the lower paved path of Turkey mountain with Michael and Ken. We always enjoy our runs with them. I decided to run instead of riding my bike because I need to be ready for the quarter marathon in a few weeks. Ken & I ran the way back together and we talked about his upcoming 100 miler which I am looking forward to helping with. I ended up running/walking a total of 5 miles. I felt good how well I did but it was a little chilly and took awhile for my lungs to warm up enough to breathe good while I was running. That is one thing I am not looking forward to in the winter time.


I am looking forward to the mock marathon this Saturday where I am planning to do the quarter marathon and hoping to make it under what I completed my quarter last year which was 1:49:53. I will be cheering the rest of those doing their long distance running. I know everyone will do awesome.

Have a blessed week and will see everyone at our usual stomping ground.

3 comments:

Ethiopian Elites said...

A PR! That's great! Next race you'll do even better.

It looked like you were having fun at the expo. Did you enter the ugly foot contest?

See ya later.

Bobby said...

I agree. The Irish potato soup at Jason's Deli is awesome.

I was impressed with your running last night. Keep up the good work. Let's keep our fingers crossed that your heart will get stronger as you run more and more.

Rachael Alise said...

Susan, awesome on your run...wished I could have been there too. I have never eaten at Jason's, Allen told me it was a good place to eat...will need to give it a try.

I am hopeful to see you all Thursday...at least, I am trying to be there.