Tuesday, November 4, 2008

PUTTING MY FEARS TO REST

Well I did it. I put the fears to rest on whether or not I could run 6 miles without falling over dead. I know you all think that it is just a walk in the park for you marathoners but I was having doubts since that is the longest I have ran in several months. I knew I had committed to running in the route 66 quarter marathon but was having doubts if I could make it and last Saturday I proved to myself that I could(yeah me). I felt good about how well I did I just would like to improve a little on my time but I think on race day that will happen. I was dog tired afterwards and speaking of dogs I hope the little puppy that was found in the dumpster during the run is doing ok. I can't believe someone would do that to a little helpless puppy it is so inhumane and it makes me very angry that they would do that to one of Gods creatures.


I am so proud of everyone for finishing their run. I was glad to see Cheryl coming in with still a little smile on her face. She has come a long way in her training and I know she will do good come race day.


I am sad to say that I think the Dynamic Duo is no longer running together because Ed (I want to kick some globo gymers A##) has become faster than lightning(way to go!). He did awesome on his 22 (I mean 24) miler. I know he will do good also on race day.

We now have introducing the Team :
Thing 1 & Thing 2





Can you see the resemblance? I think these two make quite the pair. They are a little wacky but you got to love them they are part of the running family. I mean who wouldn't love these two of a kind ( I think one is a little more funnier than the other)? they may bring up the rear (no fault of Ken's) but they have fun in doing so. Way to go guys!

Bobby ordered these tattoo's for Ken, Ed & himself to wear on race day.

I think they will look so cool on them. I think you still have time to order them if anyone else is interested in them. The website is http://www.marathontattoo.com/ They also have tattoo's for half marathoners. They get them to you pretty quick.

Sunday Bobby & I went bike riding with Christin on the west bank of the river. We rode I think about 7 or maybe 8 miles. WE had a good time and the weather was perfect. I was surprised Bobby even felt like going but he was feeling good and thought it would help loosen up his legs more. Bobby has recovered fast from his long run.

Monday night I enjoyed my run with Bobby, Ken, Michael and Cassy. I was glad Cassy joined in with us. We ran 4.5 miles, we started at 21st and ran north across 11th street bridge and then down the west bank to the pedestrian bridge and across the bridge finishing up back at 21st. Ken was kind enough to hang back with me. Ken & I stopped a few times to talk to people we knew which I was thankful for the little break. When we were running on the west bank we came upon some sprinklers going and everyone wanted to go around them but not me I thought what the heck I won't need a shower when I get home LOL so I ran right through them and I welcomed the cool mist in my face.

Bobby and I are trying to plan ahead on how he should eat to get ready for his marathon. Ken has given him some good advice so we are taking that to incorporate with what Bobby thinks he should eat which I know there will be popcorn included in his menu. I think he could live on popcorn. I think the popcorn industry would go broke if he stopped eating it.

Not much else going on for me this week except I hope maybe the rain will hold off Wed. evening so Bobby & I can go bike riding again. I am so loving this biking thing but I won't give up on my running. I am looking forward to this weekend to go help out at the mother road 100 mile race that Ken & Kathy are participating in. I will be cheering them on as well as some of our other runners like Candice, Jason & Lisa. I know that Roman will be there also pacing Kathy and Bobby will be pacing Ken some as well as Dave who I think is pacing Kathy some. Good luck to them both I know they will do awesome.

I hope everyone makes it out to vote today so I guess I better get ready to go vote myself and stand in the long lines(maybe I should take some lunch with me.)

4 comments:

Bobby said...

Keep it up Susan. With RunnersWorld help and support I see another half marathon in your future.

BOCA said...

You inspire me...it is hard to get back on the horse and build the running confidence. Glad you had a good run on Saturday. I too am signed up for the quarter, but think I will be walking my way through it most of the time. All that matters is start to finish...

Keep it up!!

Rachael Alise said...

You have officially been tagged!!

simulatedme said...

don't get too brave too fast, it scares me!