Friday, November 14, 2008

DEPRESSING WEEK BUT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE ROUTE 66

I know we all have had those weeks when everytime you turn around something depressing happens. Well I guess this is my week.
first my daughter and granddaughter are gone all week to Florida to go to Disney. I know they are having a good time but I miss talking to my daughter everyday this week. I will be glad when they are back home safe and sound.
second depressing thing that happened is our neighbor across the street from us passed away at home suddenly. She was just 76 and I know she wasn't in the best of health but she wasn't expected to go anytime soon. She was a sweet lady and will miss seeing her out and about. We have had so many neighbors pass away in the past few years and sad to say we still have a few more that probably won't be around a whole lot longer but I guess that is what happens when your neighbors are your elders that Bobby has grown up with.
This morning my mom called me to tell me that my dad had a fall in the bathroom and she had to get her neighbor to help her get him up. My poor little dad is very feeble and not in the best of health and I worry alot about him. I went and spent time with them to make sure he was ok and to help my mom with him. I hate it that our parents have to get old and rely now on our care. I don't mind taking care of them and I love them dearly but I just want to hold onto the memories of when I was young and they were in better health and taking care of me.
I hope I didn't bum you all out too much but I just had to vent a little hoping it would make me feel better. Now on top of having a depressing week I did have a few good things go on.
I am still reflecting on my joyous time I had with everyone that was at the mother road race. I had such an amazing experience that I am ready to do it again. I know Ken & Kathy aren't in no big hurry for that.
I enjoyed Thursday nights walk with Candice & Lindsay. I also enjoyed seeing the beautiful Aiden. I appreciated all the hard work that Kathy & Brian did to throw the pizza party. The food was good but visiting with friends was priceless.
I am now focusing on (I am not going to say only) the quarter marathon. I was so hoping to do the half this year but there is always next year for that but maybe I will be in Greece at that time who knows. I am looking forward to the challenge and all the excitement that goes along with it. I will be at the finish waiting and cheering all the half and full marathoners in. I found out I am good at this cheering thing. I can't wait to go to the expo tonight to pick up our race packets because that makes it more real and now we have to go through with it no backing out.

hopefully everyone will eat well and get plenty of rest and I will see you Sunday.

4 comments:

Kidney Bean a.k.a. Erin said...

Looks like you kept ed busy on the spinach dip and me on the cheesecake. Was there a hint of coffee in it or something?
I think about getting old now that I am a parent. someday Tate will havve to help take care of me too. I hope your dad gets to feeling better.

BOCA said...

Sorry to hear it was a sucky week...but just like with hills...for every down there's an up. The joy of running events is there is always another one :). Hope you have a great time on Sunday! I will be cheering everyone on at the end as well...

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

I am so sorry about your bad week. it can only get better from here. Keep your head up Susan. Good luck to you Sunday.

Candice said...

Sorry to hear that you had such a rough week... Hopefully this week will be much better!