Friday, September 12, 2008

My first Ramblings Hold On To Your Hat !

Ok, Ok, some of my running friends have been asking me to start a blog. My response to them is "What am I to write about?" Well you asked for it & here it is a Blog about nothing but Susan's World.

To those who belong to my Runnersworld family that don't know me I am married to Bobby which I think everyone knows who he is.









I am on medical leave right now recovering from heart issues (Atrial Fib) which means the electrical part of my heart has gone haywire & causes my upper & lower parts of my heart to beat differently. I had been keeping it under control with heart meds but the end of June my heart went crazy having extra beats & feeling like it was doing sommersaults 24/7 & take it from me it is no joyride when that is happening. I had to quit my training for the RT. 66 half marathon which was disappointing. I was looking forward to it so much.
My heart Dr. has more than doubled my heart meds which is kicking me in the rear (not like coach Kathy does when she wants us to run LOL) making me tired all the time & no energy plus making me short of breath. The meds so far has been keeping my heart quiet (SSSHHHH don't wake it up) so the Dr. is now letting me start back walking/jogging slowly. I am suppose to not let my heart rate go above 140 (I wonder if that is just a magical number that the dr's pull out of their hat because everyone I talk to with some sort of a medical issue that is the number they tell them). I am suppose to keep my pace between 14-15 min. miles which is hard to do when I was used to doing 12-13 min. miles. I know some of you think that was still slow but hey I'm a grandma & that's my right to go slow and for someone who has never ran a day in her life before I think I am doing good.
I plan on doing the 5K at the Tulsa Run & hopefully if all goes well I want to do the quarter marathon at the RT. 66 race. I couldn't just sit by and do nothing. I will be cheering everyone else that is doing the half and full marathon.
Thursday night I did enjoy my walk with candice (whom I adore and has been my cheerleader since I've been sick). We had alot of girl talk to catch up on. We both agree that Kenny Chesney is hot & how great it will be when she & Coach Kathy's daughter Lindsay (who I think is so precious) have their babies. I can't wait to spoil both of their babies since my beautiful daughter decided not to bless me with anymore grandkids :( don't get me started on talking about my gorgeous granddaughter unless you got time to listen :)
I can't wait for this Sunday's Turkey & Taturs race. I am working one of the aid stations. Bobby & I did it last year & had so much fun we wanted to help out again this year plus we like helping out anytime we can for Kathy & Brian since they do so much for us runners. Can't wait to see how muddy everyone will be after all this rain we are supposed to have. Props goes to Brian, Kathy, Trail Zombie Ken & Stefanie Graham for all the hard work they have done to get everything ready for this race.
I know this post was rather long but I felt I needed to catch everyone up on my happenings since this was my first post. I promise to keep my other posts shorter and next time I will talk about my new addictions to old game shows, soaps, I Love Lucy & Seinfeld. To anyone who watches the soap Guiding Light I can keep you up to date by request.
Until next time everyone have a super duper weekend!

5 comments:

Bobby said...

We don't mind long posts. I didn't know you were watching soaps.

T Z said...

When I was in high school I had to read War and Peace. I swear it took me longer to read your post than it did the book! (just kidding) (although I did make a D- on my book report!)

I am so thrilled you are blogging. Soon everyone in our group will be bloggers and when we hang out, we will all just sit around and give each other dumb looks because we know all the intricate details of each other's lives.

Rachael Alise said...

Whoo Hoo! Susan, it's so cool that you are blogging, great first blog.

So glad you are coming out, still keeping you in my prayers!

Can't wait to read more.

Ethiopian Elites said...

Good post Susan. I don't believe TZ read War and Peace. I bet he just watched the movie.

Candice said...

Yay!!! It's about time you started a blog! Be careful, though - this blogging stuff can get addictive!