Sunday, September 28, 2008

IT'S MY PARTY.........

Tomorrow (Monday the 29th) I will be another year older. I am not too thrilled about this and Bobby is not helping the matter at all. He has been teasing me all day about turning older and getting closer to that big 50. I have been thinking about that song "It's my party" but instead singing "It's my birthday & I'll cry if I want to." I am blessed and thankful however that I am still alive & kicking. Bobby did take me to Jamil's today for my birthday dinner since we will be running Monday Evening at our usual spot at Turkey Mountain. I guess I will call it a birthday celebration run like the saying goes if you can't beat them join them so since I can't beat getting older I will just join in for the fun ride into senility.
Bobby & I enjoyed Jamil's it had been a long time since we ate there. For those who didn't know Jamil's has moved to 51st & Harvard. It is on 51st east of Harvard by Marie Callendars and is in the building that used to be Jimmy's egg and Panera which I guess both have moved out. Bobby was kind enough to take me shopping at the mall to my favorite place VS. I guess turning another year older has some perks.
Saturday I enjoyed my walk with Candice which when I am with her we manage to find something to laugh about. We both realize that it seems an eternity walking from point A to point B and is very tiring more so than running so props to Sonya for walking 18 miles Saturday.
Later Saturday Bobby & I went to our nephews daughter birthday party at a park in Broken Arrow. We had a picnic and visited with Bobby's brother & sister who we don't get to see very often. I was impressed that Bobby managed to go seeming how he was tired and sore from his 18 mile journey that morning. I am proud of him for training so hard to do the marathon. He has come along way from couch potato to marathoner in a little over a year and a half. Thanks to my son in-law's parents, who now are tri-athletes, got us interested in this running thing so we were blessed to meet such wonderful friends and challenge our bodies in ways it has never been challenged before.
I did manage to talk to my granddaughter today who is growing up so fast. She told me about how she likes first grade and all the things she is doing in class. She told me about going to see Disney on Ice this weekend. She loves highschool musical and that is what Disney on Ice is about this year. She is already telling me things she wants for Christmas which I can't believe is just around the corner. This past week My daughters husband surprised her with a new Mazda Mach 3 hatchback which my granddaughter told me it was a sweet ride. I wish I could spend more time with my granddaughter but it is hard to do since they live way out in Broken Arrow & I live west of the river.
Since I have made the decision to probably not return to work ( it is the best decision for my health) I have been reading blogs about saving money & using coupons. I am getting hooked on coupons and learning all the websites to get coupons so I guess you can say I am becoming a coupon queen. I am trying to save money everyway I can so I can go to Greece next year with the RunnersWorld group. I want to be able to say I ran in the Greece race. I think that will be so awesome and an experience I may never have a chance to do again. I am hoping someday that maybe Coach Kathy will want to do a run in Brasil so I can see my foreign daughter again.

That about sums up my weekend besides getting to watch the new season of Amazing Race (which I think Kathy & Roman should sign up to do) and Desperate Housewives. I am so glad that all my favorite shows have started back for the season but it will make it harder to leave the couch to run except I don't have an excuse because I have DVR.

Since the rule is whenever it is your birthday you have to bring cake for everyone so I plan on bringing something Tuesday night for us to have after our run so hope to see you there.
I hope everyone has a blessed and prosperous week.

12 comments:

T Z said...

MMMMM!!! Jamil's!! The Lebanese
Hors d'oeuvres are usually enough to fill me up. One time I ordered a large filet and a large lobster and was in heaven, but tried to eat it all and ended up getting sick. My Dad was buying for a whole bunch of his workers and his bill was way over $500, and then I threw it up. I felt bad....sick and bad.\

See ya tomorrow, and happy 39th!!!

Ethiopian Elites said...

Happy Birthday!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!

Bobby said...

TZ, I cannot tell a lie. She's really 48.

Rachael Alise said...

Happy B-Day Susan!!

Kidney Bean a.k.a. Erin said...

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Susan, Happy birthday to you. It would have sounded better if I could add a video to this.

T Z said...

Yeah, Erin! Get the puppets out. We want a video!

Candice said...

Happy Birthday!!

I'm a little sad that I won't get to have any of your birthday cake - but knowing that I'll be at the fair eating all kinds of other goodies makes up for it!

Foreign daughter in Brazil???

Susan Michaels said...

Yes I have a daughter in Brazil. She was our foreign exchange student that lived with us for a year. I miss seeing her.

Bobby said...

Eat a corndog for me Candice. No puking allowed at the fair.

Candice said...

That's really cool that you had an exchange student. You'll have to tell me about her whenever I come back out to walk!

I will definitely eat a corndog - and a spiral spud, and a chocolate dipped cheesecake-on-a-stick, and a pineapple whip, and some beef jerkey... That's my usual menu anyway! I also want to try some new stuff - Roman and Kathy recommend a roasted ear of corn, and they have a new deep fried pear that's got my eye!

Besides, if I puke - that just makes more room for more food!!

T Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T Z said...

Candice said...
"I will definitely eat a corndog - and a spiral spud, and a chocolate dipped cheesecake-on-a-stick, and a pineapple whip, and some beef jerkey... That's my usual menu anyway! I also want to try some new stuff - Roman and Kathy recommend a roasted ear of corn, and they have a new deep fried pear that's got my eye!

Besides, if I puke - that just makes more room for more food!!"

I demanded a full fair report from Cassie, and I expect the same from you. Fill us in on the weirdest, most expensive, coolest, and yummiest stings there. I won't be going this year so I need details!