Thursday, September 18, 2008

REMEMBERING THE PAST & LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FUTURE

Since I've been home I started watching old shows like Match Game, Card Sharks, Password & I love Lucy. These shows bring back alot of memories. I think back when I was 16 & went to work for Lea's Pizzaria on Peoria where a lg. supreme would cost under $10. There was this pizza cook there who could toss dough like it was nothing. I was amazed how well he could do this. When I first met him I thought he was stuck on himself but the more I got to know him I realized he was just shy. Who knew that guy would turn out to be my soulmate Bobby.



















We married @ 18 which my mom tried to get me to wait until I was older because my parents weren't big fans of Bobby's at first and probably thought if I would wait I might have a change of heart. I had my mind made up and there was no talking me out of it.

Wow! 30 years later, 1 daughter & 1 granddaughter where has the time gone?
I look in the mirror & see this older person looking back at me with a touch of gray,
a few more wrinkles & aches and pains of aging & I think this can't be me even though I don't think I look too bad for my age. I just can't believe time has passed so fast but I wouldn't change anything except maybe spend more time with my daughter not realizing she would grow up so fast. I guess all this nostalgia is brought on by my upcoming birthday which I am not ready for even though I truly enjoy growing older with the pizza cook.
I am learning to enjoy life one day at a time & take nothing for granted so to all my running friends I enjoy being around all of you & hope to be friends for a long time to come.
To my beautiful daughter I truly love you and am proud of who you are (which is so like your father) and hope we can spend more time together even though you are busy with your family and I hope you will also learn to spend more time with your daughter as she too will grow fast.

6 comments:

Candice said...

Aww... maybe it's just my crazy hormones, but your post brought tears to my eyes! I think your story is so sweet! And I love the pictures!!

I'm not buying the pizza thing though... You're going to have to throw a pizza party and prove me wrong!!

Kidney Bean a.k.a. Erin said...

I love the pics. I cannot wait til Trav and I get to look back at ourselves like that. You two are a great set of role models.

Rachael Alise said...

Susan, you and Bobby are incredible, what a fantastic example you two are for the younger couples just starting out. You need to know that the two of you are appreciated.

By the way...does he still cook pizza's...when is dinner??

T Z said...

Great pics, Susan. I'd scare yall if I started posting some of my pics from my earlier daze.

Hey, I had some sort of problem with the RW blog entry. It kept deleting text and pictures while I was trying to post it. I finally opened another box and started all over, and deleted the old one. In the process, your nice comment about Ed was also deleted. If you could, would you re-comment? Poor Ed needs all the good comments he can get!

Thanks,
T Z

Bobby said...

Nice post Susan. It has been a great 30 years and I wouldn't have changed a thing either except I wish we had been more active in our younger days. I would marry you all over again.

No I do not cook pizza's. Had enough of that long ago. I am glad we have Uncle Vinnys, Pie Hole, Hideaway, Mario's and such.

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

Love the blast from the past photos...Wow...Bobby sure has changed...you still look the same! :) Sorry Bobby! So, walking...I did the Race for the Cure Fun 1 mile walk and sweat my butt off....soooooo I need to really start walking without a doubt in my mind. When are you all walking this week?